Universita degli Studi di Torino – UNITO
The University of Torino (UNITO) is one of the largest Italian Universities, with about 70.000 students, 3.900 employees (academic, administrative and technical staff), 1.800 post-graduate and post-doctoral research fellows. Research and training are performed in 27 Departments, encompassing all scientific disciplines. According to NTU Taiwan international ranking, in 2018 UNITO is ranked among the top 200 universities in the world. As for internationalization, UNITO is involved in roughly 450 formal international cooperation agreements with institutions from all around the world (South America, Mediterranean countries, India and China, in addition to Europe), including joint educational programs at undergraduate and doctoral level. UNITO is deeply involved in scientific research and manages roughly 500 projects per year, both at national and international level. The long record of participation of UniTo in the EU strategic research agenda results from 115 FP7 funded research projects, among which 33 coordinated projects and 4 Research Infrastructures projects. Under H2020, 95 projects have been funded so far (2014-present), among which 26 coordinated projects and 6 Research Infrastructures grants. Within the European Research Council 14 projects have been funded so far. The Department of Management of the University of Torino continuously strives to create value for its stakeholders, including both the private than the public sectors by educating people, developing talent and share research results and knowledge. Tools and results created by researchers are transferred throughout a wide range of masters and professional courses, co-designed with private sector and public bodies to increase the management & innovation skills and competencies of their junior and senior staff.
Involvement in Avangard
- WP1 UNITO will take part to the definition of the managerial specification of AVANGARD pilot
- WP2 From a business model point of view cloud-based platform and blockchain technologies represents key aspects that will define AVANGARD pilot; thus UNITO will actively interact to disclose aspects other than the technical ones, starting to develop AVANGARD pilot business model
- WP5 The application of the new technologies integrated into the pilot will provide a unique opportunity to analyse and develop business models and workflow data
- WP6 Activities related to dissemination and data management and, even more, business models and new value chains will be pushed forward by UNITO
- WP7 UNITO will aim to the timely and efficient project execution, according to the budget and the overall project objectives.