Fundacion CIDAUT is a private non-profit institution committed to strengthening the industrial fabric in the transport and energy sectors, through specific research and development programs. CIDAUT has as main objective to increase the competitiveness and industrial development of companies from the Transport (including aeronautical and surface transport) and Energy sectors, strengthening their technological capabilities to develop new products and processes through R&D. CIDAUT has extensive experience in project management at Regional, National and European level, as it has been the leader of more than 300 research projects since 1993. Moreover, it has participated in more than 77 EU projects, coordinating 16 of them. CIDAUT’s research programs are closely connected with the following technological areas: safety; product-process improvement; environmental issues; engines and energy systems. CIDAUT has wide experience in designing and testing components for the automotive industry. Research in the area is carried out by means of mathematical models, using simulation tools widely employed in industry (CAD, CAM and CAE), and by means of high-tech experiments relative to testing components, sled tests, vehicle impact tests, and road infrastructure tests. Regarding safety assessments and requirements for EV, CIDAUT has extensive experience in active and passive safety systems and possesses testing tracks for EuroNCAP tests as well as road infrastructure test facilities. The evaluation of vehicle energy and power demand in driving cycles under different traffic conditions belongs also to CIDAUT’s spectrum. Development of strategies and methodologies for energy management in electric and hybrid systems (motors, engines, batteries, converters, fuel cells, supercapacitors) both for system dimensioning and vehicle energy optimization is also in the field of activities of CIDAUT.
Involvement in Avangard
- WP1 The expertise on mathematical models and simulation tools, developed by CIDAUT, can improve the specification phase of the project
- WP3 Tools design, manufacturing unit equipment and technical resources, available in CIDAUT, can be fruitfully used for the aims of the project
- WP4 CIDAUT know-how and directions will advantage the integration of process modules into the microfactory as sought by AVANGARD project
- WP5 Thanks to its wide experience in designing and testing components for the automotive industry, CIDAUT will contribute strongly to the implementation of I-Bike and I-Car and the battery pack integration, beside their test certification activities
- WP6 The Spanish foundation will help dissemination, and will be involved in exploitation and business model developments
- WP7 CIDAUT will play collaboratively among the partners to ease all management workflow.