Scuola Universitaria Professionale della Svizzera Italiana – ISTePS
The University of Applied Sciences of Southern Switzerland (SUPSI) is one of the 7 UAS in Switzerland. It has a university statute focused on applied research. SUPSI will participate with the Department of Innovative Technologies DTI. At the DTI, ISTePS (Institute of Systems and Technologies for Sustainable Production) employs researchers and engineers with a wide range of expertise for the transfer and application of technology in industrial sector. The Institute participates in a network of national and international centres for supporting SMEs. Key research areas are: Automation and Control, Mechatronic, Industrial Technologies for Additive Manufacturing, Reconfigurable Robotics, Artificial Vision Systems, Data Modeling, Transformation and Flow Management, Production scheduling, Lifecycle management and optimization, Simulation. The project activities will be supported by the Automation Robotics and Machines Laboratory (ARM-Lab) that offers education and research activities focused on:
- Design of reconfigurable robots and mechatronic equipment for multi-metal material AM technologies for aerospace, naval, watch and medtech industries
- Integration of 2D/3D vision systems for image acquisition and processing in new automatic processes.
- Process control and adaptation based on a closed loop monitoring system to select best available processing strategies and machine settings
- Analysis and application of new methods, reference models and architectures for designing, configuring and optimizing high performing control and scheduling applications for distributed adaptive automation systems.
- Design and development of embedded applications for real-time processing of digital signals and data streams, and of parallel and distributed applications for heterogeneous platforms.
- Design and development of innovative machining and high precision manufacturing systems based on flexibility and reconfigurability principles, of their data models and data flow management.
- Design and development of new automation solutions integrating advanced industrial technologies and robots CAD-CAM-CAPP integrated chains based on STEP-NC.
- Design, simulation and optimization of manufacturing path planning and process planning Analysis and application of new laser technology such as Laser Ablation processes for adaptive automation systems for aerospace, naval, motorsport and medtech industries
Involvement in Avangard
- WP1 Regarding pilot specification, SUPSI will be active in monitoring the stateof-the-art technology and linking to other EU projects and creating the technology maps
- WP2 – WP3 For the development of the new modular process units, SUPSI will support the activities on supersonic metal 3D printing
- WP4 Within the integration of process modules into a microfactory test bed, SUPSI will develop the tasks on the cloud based AVANGARD Ind 4.0 pilot and the physical integration of the novel process units into the pilot line
- WP5 SUPSI will be active on the I-Car and the battery pack integration within the demonstrator context, including the test certification
- WP6 Dissemination, exploitation and business model activities will be supported by SUPSI
- WP7 SUPSI will collaborate to the project management in general