STMicroelectronics is one of the world’s largest semiconductor companies with net revenues of US$ 9.664 billion in 2018. Offering one of the industry’s broadest product portfolios, ST serves customers across the spectrum of electronics applications with innovative semiconductor solutions by leveraging its vast array of technologies, design expertise and combination of intellectual property portfolio, strategic partnerships and manufacturing strength. ST application strategy focus is to provide solutions for Smart Driving and the Internet of Things. To support this strategy, three product groups develop and manufacture MEMS, sensors and advanced analogue products for the first one, automotive and discrete products for the second one and microcontrollers & digital IC’s for the last one. ST products are found everywhere microelectronics make a positive and innovative contribution to people’s lives: from energy management and savings to trust and data security, from healthcare and wellness to smart consumer devices, in the home, car and office, at work and at play.
Involvement in Avangard
- WP1 The outline of the specifications of AVANGARD pilot to let it integrate new process units deeply engages many aspects of industrial electronics and the choice of suitable solutions for security and critical services, this makes STMG one of the main contributors within this stage
- WP2 Once the project is sketched, STMG will support the choice of appropriate architectures for what concerns cloud-based Ind 4.0 and block-chain technologies
- WP4 Selected architectures will be implemented in the integration of process modules in the microfactory with major contributions from STMG
- WP5 Also demonstrators will take advantage of STMG technology
- WP6 STMG will support dissemination and will be involved in exploitation and standardization phases, beside the related IP management
- WP7 STMG will seek an effective interaction within the collaboration to fulfil management expectations.