Laboratory for Manufacturing Systems & Automation – University of Patras
The Laboratory for Manufacturing Systems & Automation (LMS) is oriented on research and development in cutting edge scientific and technological fields. LMS is involved in a number of research projects funded by the CEU and European industrial partners. Particular emphasis is given to the co-operation with the European industry as well as with a number of “hi-tech” firms. It is organized in three different groups:
- Manufacturing Processes Modelling and Energy Efficiency
- Robots, Automation and Virtual Reality in Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Systems
Involvement in Avangard
- WP1 In WP1 LMS will be involved in the determination of the eco-industrial requirements of the AVANGARD project. LMS will also contribute to the state of the art monitoring and to link to previous EU funded projects.
- WP2 In WP2 LMS will collaborate on the data modelling and design of the generic interfaces, and on the increase of data trustability by implementing block-chain technology.
- WP3 In WP3 will contribute to the robotized integration of laser cutting, shaping and welding of the 3D components and to the supersonic deposition of metallic powders utilized for high speed 3D printing.
- WP4 In WP4 LMS will be involved in the establishment of the Cloud based Avangard Ind 4.0 pilot and in the improvement of the Life Cycle management of the final product.
- WP5 In WP5 LMS will be collaborate on the demonstration of the I-Bike and ICar prototypes, and on the novel approached applied to the integration of the battery packs.
- WP6 In WP6 LMS will lead and will be technically involved in the dissemination and exploitation plan of the AVANGARD project.
- WP7 In WP7 LMS will contribute to the efficient project execution, considering the budget and the overall project objectives.
- Panos Stavropoulos, Prof., firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alexios Papacharalampopoulos, PhD, email@example.com